Missing teeth may be the result of any number of things such as trauma, tooth decay, periodontal disease, or other conditions. Many people with missing teeth lack confidence in social situations due to the appearance of their smile. Lowered self-esteem reaches further than social interactions; it can even have an effect in the workplace and might keep a person from advancing in their career.
In addition to the social pressures those with missing teeth feel, their oral health is also greatly affected. When a tooth is absent in the gums, the adjacent teeth start to move toward the space, causing the remaining teeth to shift. Over time this will cause bone loss in the jaw and weaken the root structures, eventually causing healthy teeth to become loose. Loss of bone density in the jaw also leads to sagging of the skin, thinning lips, wrinkles, and in severe cases, facial disfigurement.
At Brooklyn Dental, we believe that replacing missing teeth not only benefits oral health and social situations, but enhances the overall quality of life. Dental implants are an excellent solution to replace missing teeth and will also eliminate problems a person may have with simple, everyday activities such as speaking or eating.
There are a number of reasons to consider dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Increase self-esteem
- More confidence in the workplace
- Ability to speak, eat, and smile with ease
- Create a more youthful appearance without missing teeth
- Protect the remaining teeth from becoming loose
- Retain jawbone density
- Prevent additional health complications relating to oral health issues
- The rate of dental implant success is high
With more than three decades of clinical experience and over a million patients treated, statistics confirm a success rate of nearly 95 percent for individual Nobel Biocare dental implants*, and even higher for the bridges they support.
* Results based on dental implants and dental bridges remaining and in function over a five-year period.